Welcome

Welcome to White2Black. I started this blog as a white belt and am doing my best to keep it going through black belt. I will try and capture the best of Bjj, and I will give you a look inside my crazy mind. This blog will not be perfect, but it will convey my BJJ journey to you. I compete often so I will make sure I give you guys a piece of that as well. I am currently a Blue belt, I have competed at Pans, Worlds, and many other IBJJF tournaments, as well as local Naga, and smaller tournaments.

Blue Belt

Blue Belt
June 6th 2011

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I felt great

So I must start off by saying I recently competed in IBJJF San Fran 2012. I placed 1st in Middle Blue Adult and 3rd in Absolute. It was awesome!! I started cutting weight at the beginning of the week and was right on point by Sunday when I competed. I would like to say I have never felt so good competing! Most times I have to dehydrate myself, and this leads to a very slow thinking, slow moving version of myself. This time, I had energy and food, I could think and therefore I could achieve what I knew I was capable of 1st place!! This is my first gold at an IBJJF, often times I run into a number of factors that do not go my way. It has been from dehydration all the way to mentally broken, but not at this one. I will be going again to IBJJF Chicago this weekend. A little sore but hey, comes with the territory. O O O and I fought me a bbbbbiiig boy, 320 lbs in the absolute, he pretty much gassed me lol. I need to work on my conditioning even more.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos">1st Place Blue Middle Adult
- I'll show you how great I am.